socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)

I just bought a property in palmer came as a

Customer Question

I just bought a property in palmer came as a shock that the driveway into my property is titled in my neighbors has been used since 2004 and has never been blocked off what are my rights
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.

Under Alaska law, the adverse, and notorious use of real property in good faith and under the mistaken impression that it is the property of the user, creates a "conclusive presumption" of title. If the property has been used by the previous owner and by you, believing it to be theirs and yours, then you are the owner of that property, and you can file a civil action to "quiet title" to the property in your name.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!