Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor

All my belongings are locked inside a foreclosure which is

Customer Question

All my belongings are locked inside a foreclosure which is still being occupied by my ex. His parents changed the locks and he is leaving on monday for medical detox and a potentially long rehab stay. How do I get my personal belongings back? I just want my clothes, medical records, and a lamp that belonged to my grandma. I am not seeking to recover any joint property. I had to leave urgently a month ago with only two pairs of clothes due to issues of violence against me. I am permanently disabled and need my records and some clothes.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Do you have any proof that you have resided at the address of the foreclosure property?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Change of address?

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, a local police / sheriff department can be called and the local police can go with tenant to the property to retrieve tenant's personal belongings, if the current occupant is refusing to return the personal belongings.

I wish you the best of luck!