Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

I want to transfer a property in Safety Harbor, FL from four

Customer Question

I want to transfer a property in Safety Harbor, FL from four siblings that jointly own it along with a fifth sibling to the fifth sibling. The property consists of both a trailer home and land. The land is held jointly by all five siblings via a warranty dead. What is the best form of deed to effect the transfer of the land?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The easiest way to transfer property among family members is a quitclaim deed. That means none of the siblings are responsible if any issues with the title arise, but since you already all own the property, and you have a warranty deed, that usually wouldn't be a problem. The deed should be signed in front of a notary, who can witness all of the signatures.

This site has a good template you can use. There are some forms online, but most of the ones I'm seeing would be tough to fit 5 names on, so it could help to draft it yourself. And that way, you'll also have room for all five signatures.

https://www.nolo.com/products/florida-quitclaim-deed-noe3-pr316.html

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.