Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor

I want to transfer a property in Safety Harbor, FL from four

Customer Question

I want to transfer a property in Safety Harbor, FL from four siblings that jointly own it along with a fifth sibling to the fifth sibling. The property consists of both a trailer home and land. The land is held jointly by all five siblings via a warranty dead. What is the best form of deed to effect the transfer of the land?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The easiest way to transfer property among family members is a quitclaim deed. That means none of the siblings are responsible if any issues with the title arise, but since you already all own the property, and you have a warranty deed, that usually wouldn't be a problem. The deed should be signed in front of a notary, who can witness all of the signatures.

This site has a good template you can use. There are some forms online, but most of the ones I'm seeing would be tough to fit 5 names on, so it could help to draft it yourself. And that way, you'll also have room for all five signatures.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.