MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I took at a loan to have a house build.I red a contractor to

Customer Question

I took at a loan to have a house build.I hired a contractor to do the building.The bank has been releasing funds to the contractor to pay for work being done.I have now found out that the contractor has not been using the funds to pay subcontractors but to pay off other debts.One of the subcontractors has put lien on the house.I have already paid the contractor for the work.What recourse do? I have.I don't have any additional funds to pay off lien or nor do I feel I should have to since I already have paid for the work through the contractor.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You will need to sue the contractor for the damages you have suffered (i.e. the money he stole from you as well as the cost of the liens on the property, etc.).

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.