How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 26348
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce stipulates that the house warranty deed must be

Customer Question

Hi my divorce stipulates that the house warranty deed must be converted to a quitclaim deed upon request. My is demanding I sign a quitclaim deed that waives my right to homestead. And since I would not he has filed a contempt motion. First his deed did not contain correct margins for submitting to the deed office. And my realestate artorney communicated that yo hom and asked hom to sign a deedbthat did not waive my homestead. He replied by correcting his deed and saying it was better to leep things per the status wuo ny waiving his rights ( he moved out) and my rights. Why is he being so dufficult if he just wants to change the deed? My attorney said waiving my rights is not necessary, but then she told him about needing to correct the margins, so I can or can not file a motion to dismiss on that basis? How would you have handled this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. If he wants you to sign something that does not meet certain requirements or will not be accepted by the deed office, when it should not be submitted or signed. If it will only be returned for non-compliance, it does not make any sense to try and present it, only for it to be returned and the process to be delayed. As such, there is a goo faith argument to make, for not signing it, until the issue with the margins is corrected and that can be explain to the Judge. Now, the real issue for the Judge to decide is that of waiving your homestead and the Judge needing to address and clarify that, since the decree only stated it needed to be quit claimed. If something is to be done outside of that, which was not mentioned, it will be up to the Judge to decide, depending on what the end goal was, when the home was awarded.

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Related Real Estate Law Questions