Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

Divorced wife selling house. My share of profit?

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally, an ex-spouse who has the title to the house in her name only, after the divorce is finalized, such ex-spouse would have sole legal rights to the ownership, possession or any profits upon the sale of the house, regardless whether the ex-spouse's name on the mortgage or not.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.