Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I haven apartment which is leaking water from the second

Customer Question

I haven apartment which is leaking water from the second floor to the first. The lady told me that it has to be repair by my money. I contacted the president of the Condo and ask him for a person to solve the problem, the person came and told the lady that he had to check with the president because it could be fault of the vault in which case the Condo insurance had to assume full responsibility or it could be my fault this repair man lives in the same condo. It has been 5 days since this even and he has not call the lady and the lady has told me that this is my problem and I have to diligent rapidly the solution of the problem. I think that I have done what I have to do and the lady and me had to wait for an answer
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that the water is leaking from your second floor to your first floor inside your condo?

.

Or from another condo above you down through your ceiling into your condo?

.

Have you contacted your insurance company?

.

Have you called a plumber out to determine the source of the water?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Iam in the second floor and obtain a plumer which was presented by the president of the Board of Condominium

Ok, so is it :

1. Water is leaking into your unit from another unit.

2. Water is leaking from your unit into another unit

3. Water is just leaking inside your unit only inside your unit, not into anyone else's unit?

.

.

What does the plumber say is the source of the leak? HOA common water lines?

.

Have you called your insurance company?

.

I have no idea who "the lady" is, so a little context would be helpful...

.

.

thanks