Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have been a tennant in good standing in my Apartment (

Customer Question

I have been a tennant in good standing in my Apartment ( handicapped) for more than 11 years, holding a Section 8 roaming voucher. The property got a renovation loan from the state of Mass. last year 2015 , now that the renovations are almost done, they have ( not in wrighting yet ) that I have to give up my roaming voucher, and swith to MRVP voucher. Please help me with this. Ellen ***
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program (MRVP), which was formerly known as the Chapter 707 Program, provides for housing assistance. This voucher is the same voucher that was known as Mobile, is assigned to the Participant and is valid for any housing unit that meets the requirements.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question was is it really legal to force me to give up my roaming section 8 voucher, just because the properity management got a state loan for renovations, and have the complex that I have been in for 12 years ??? They have said that they are having MRVP voucher instead...............
Thank you for your reply.
The "Mobile Section 8" is now the MRVP program, it has been changed, and yes it is legal for them to do.