Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate

We have recieved a notice to vacate our apartment due to

Customer Question

We have recieved a notice to vacate our apartment due to "obnoxious behavior" when we live in a loft and you can hear everything from your neighbors. We have had various complaints in the middle of the day and early evening for music or tv and we were wondering if this is the same as an eviction. Does this affect our ability to rent in future even though we have not recieved a court ordered eviction.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

This is a preliminary notice they are required to send.They would then file forcible entry and detainer suit and you are served with a hearing date.At this point it should not affect your ability to rent you just decided to leave and go elsewhere. They are threatening you with forcible entry and detainer, nothing filed yet.

If you are wanting to end this peaceably I would ask for something in writing that you and landlord are agreeing to voluntarily terminate the lease and that you agree to a walk through on last date and that landlord will not report this to third parties if you agree to leave.Once signed keep the document in case it comes up.This would be the best way to protect yourself and avoid future problems and get security deposit back here in Texas.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Sorry you are having to go through this.Long term it seems moving to a new location with friendlier neighbors and landlord might be best and doing the letter I set out above.

Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will do, your help is much appreciated! Is there anyway I can send you the notice for you can review and make sure it is fine.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.

I read this , there is not a problem if you comply and leave here.It should not affect you.I would schedule a walk through here and ask for a letter agreement of a date and that this will not be reported to third parties.

Thanks again and good luck here.I know these guys are being real picky here.