Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Bought a piece of horse property in Erath county Texas. We

Customer Question

Bought a piece of horse property in Erath county Texas. We were aware of the restrictions when we bought. There are several ridiculous restrictions but we bought the property believing that when the seller of the property would place same restrictions on the other piece of connecting property that he is selling and we would be able to negotiate the restrictions with new owner. The property is in the country and no other properties touching his or ours has any restrictions. We believe he was fraudulent in what he represented to us. We have an attorney and so does he. Our property is the only one with any form of restrictions. I thought restrictions were to keep the value of the property intact. There's is junky property all around us what can we legally site to get some if not all restrictions moved ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Just to be clear here... you were aware of the restrictions prior to purchasing, correct?

.

Who are the restrictions in favor of?....the adjoining neighbor?

.

How was he fraudulent in his dealings with you?

.

.

thanks