Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I have raw sewage backup in my bathroom due to a tree's

Customer Question

I have raw sewage backup in my bathroom due to a tree's roots growing into pipes. The dept of health has said the tree should be removed. The roto -rooter company said it should be removed because it will probably cause another back-up. I am 88 years old living alone and this is very distressing,but the condo board president refuses to do anything. Dept. of health has warned that if it happens again managment company and board will be fined $2000 a day. Still no response. Maria DiStasio
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Is the tree growing on the common element of the Condo Association?

Did you receive the recommendation to remove tree roots in writing from the Plumbing company?