Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in RE Law, including LL/Tenant, contractor disputes, comm'l prop. issues

What are consequences c ompleting settlement

Customer Question

what are consequences for not c ompleting settlement
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 months ago.

Hello there --

You could be sued for breach of contract by the buyer and the realtor if you simply failed to appear at the settlement. In many instances you might have been able to find a way out of the deal by letting a lawyer review the contract before the settlement date approached.

I hope that helps. Please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above. (the middle star and the fourth or fifth star on the right is a positive rating). Doing so will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time today. THANK YOU VERY MUCH