RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP

How is a privet road agreement good for? and can it be

Customer Question

how long is a privet road agreement good for? and can it be changed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 7 months ago.

Is this an agreement or an easement? They are quite different. The Road Agreement would terminate on the date of termination in the agreement or a reasonable period after the need for it was completed. The easement can terminate in a number of years by the terms of the easement or if no termination is mentioned it would terminate until you went to Court and tried to argue it was abandoned by the easement owner.

If I am off the mark here you might provide me a little more background and explain the agreement and it's terms. Feel free to ask follow up questions as needed.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply and let me know. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I receive credit for the time I spent answering your question. If for some reason you don’t feel you can provide me positive feedback please reply and give me the opportunity to clarify my answer before giving me negative feedback.

Regards, Ron

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 7 months ago.

I wanted to check back in and let you know I am online and once you answer the above question I can better answer your question.