Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

When a dispute accrues between an agent and seller, and the

Customer Question

When a dispute accrues between an agent and seller, and the agent removes the for
sale signs from the property, would that be enough to terminate the contract between
the agent and seller.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The agent removing the sign likely would not be enough in and of itself to cancel or terminate the contract. However, it could be the basis to cancel i you can prove/show that the agent is no longer actively trying to market and sell the property.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

That would likely be the better basis for termination. Making a claim that the agent isn't performing as agreed by the contract puts the breach on the agent -- instead of the seller -- and makes it easier to terminate the agreement.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!