Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a property with two lots, but one address. Since 2006

Customer Question

I have a property with two lots, but one address. Since 2006 property taxes had gone unpaid because a lender neglected to include the second lot in the escrow payment. About
three transfers/refinances later on 8/17/2015 I find out what happen. Chase has the mortgage and has paid all of the taxes, late fess, penalties and interest because of this mishap. However, a little more than $1200 was taken from my escrow account, without my permission or consent. None of the $1200 represents back taxes. I believe what the chase bank has done falls squarely under 18 USC 656. Am I wrong?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

No, you are not wrong. You should proceed with your complaint against the bank with the U.S. Department of Justice:

https://www.justice.gov/

Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.