Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Need help with good faith offer on commercial property,I

Customer Question

Need help with good faith offer on commercial property,I donot want to accept offer made by water project mngr.Signs thAt are grandfathered in,are involved plus 10Ft.easment alongroad frontage,landscaped At myexpense will be lost.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 8 months ago.

Could you provide some more background? Is someone wanting to purchase an easement from you? I spent the last 4 years or so managing a group that purchases natural gas pipeline easements and I am quite familiar with easements and though they vary a little state to state they all are pretty similar. If someone is seeking an easement do you know if they have the power of eminent domain (can take the property through legal action and pay you fair market value). This affects the negotiation some. If you are dealing with a municipality that affects the negotiations as well. Once you provide some background I can better answer your question.

I do log off at 10:00 PM CST and I will be back online at 1:00 PM CST tomorrow. If you respond here later I will reply when I get back online