Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

My friend is serving 60 days in county jail. s roomate won't

Customer Question

My friend is serving 60 days in county jail. His roomate won't accept March rent and wants him to move out right away. At this time he is jail until May 2, 2016 and can not tend to his affairs (finding new place, moving possesions from current apartmet, etc). how can he protect against a roomate that may put all his possesions on the curb. This is in Palm Beach County Florida.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

If he has an attorney he can send a letter (or do it himself) advising the roommate that if he removes or touches his property he will file criminal and civil charges. He can direct him to put his belongings in a certain storage unit or give them to a friend or relative. This needs to be in writing because if the roommate fails to comply then after he is released he has a stronger case to pursue against him in court.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you familiar with Chapter 83 of Florida statutes? Are you licensed in Florida?
Obviously, my friend does not have an attorney or I would be on this website looking for advise on his behalf.
If your comments are not going to be specific to Florida and Chapter 83 and are merely that he "write a letter", I am not going to pay for this service as it is of no value. Unless you have something specific and concrete relative to this situation, let me know how I can get a refund for the fees that were billed to my credi card.