J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
64316804

What is the statue number to file a property lien on real

Customer Question

what is the statue number to file a property lien on real property. Labor lien
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is this related to construction labor if not what type of labor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we personally fixed an inhabitable property to make it livable. the understanding is that is was ours but he has since backed out. we are 20000 into the property

Sorry to hear about that. The lien statute is Chapter 713: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0713/0713.html

It is likely you are going to have to sue this person in order to get any resolution to this situation. A lawsuit for specific performance and/or unjust enrichment in the amount you spent fixing up the property are valid theories in which to assert a claim against him.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (3 stars or more). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!