Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

This is the second time in 6 months, my rental condo unit

Customer Question

This is the second time in 6 months, my rental condo unit has water damage in the bathroom from the same unit of upper floor toilet. The water damage involved 3 units, my unit is in the second floor and has more serious water damage in dry wall. Last time costs $9K for restoration and repair, and took 2 months to complete the whole process. The cost was paid by my insurance company, I paid deductible $1K. The HOA said it's not their responsibility. The condo was built poorly and had construction defect lawsuit ongoing between HOA and builder. Please guide me what to do and how to protect my interest. I don't want to deal with this again and again.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma; can you tell me, what do your homeowners association bylaws say about this matter?