Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Negligent Property Manager, We have a property manager that

Customer Question

Negligent Property Manager
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a property manager that we have been with for close to 20 year. We found out about a month ago the tenant's notified the property managers that there was a major water leak. They were notified in 2014 and now we are notified. We were told from the managers that the tenant's will need to move out so the work can be done. If we were notified back in 2014 We would have done the repairs. Now it will cost us more than $10,000 to repair
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Do you have any sort of written agreement with the Property Manager? If so, then you have a very strong claim here for breach of contract. If they are an employee of yours then you can terminate him or her and possibly sue them for your damages. Their failure to notify you actually exposes you to liability.