Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

My dilemma is the property manager. He refused to do s job.

Customer Question

Good morning, my dilemma is the property manager. He refused to do his job. When I asked questions about the tenant who owes me money for electric bill, having a dog on the premises and not paying a late fee bill. These questions seem to upset the property manager. I thought the property manager who I hired would be in agreement with me. I asked the property manager can I get my money that the tenant owed me from the security deposit. I was told it did not warrant money being deducted from the security deposit. The property Manager said he will added it to tenant's bill. The last concern I have the property manager was I thought the tenant's were trashing the property. I suggest collectively we inspect the property. I was told I'm asking to much of him. He severed the contract and took the security deposit. I was sent a letter stating he was no longer my property manager. I also got text message "the tenant's have moved out. I visited my property recently and found the tenant's are still living in the home. I am lost for which way to resolve my rental problem..
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Did you prepay them? Or, what is the billing agreement with the management company?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.