Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own a timeshare and want to get out of rising maintenance

Customer Question

I own a timeshare and want to get out of rising maintenance fees and building assessments, what are my options?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, you've paid all the money towards the timeshare itself, and only have the maintenance fees that come up? Where do you live, and are you employed / retired / etc...?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The timeshare is paid off. I currently own about 2900.00 in maintainance fees and building assessment. I just want to get out of the contract. The timeshare is the Yachtsman in Myrtle Beach. SC. I live in Winter Haven, Fl. I am currentlty working, but like many, my budget is tight. I have investigated services online, advisory group and title transfers, but am concerned they are all scams. What are my options?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to get ready for work now. Send answers to my email -***@******.***

Apologies for the delay. I was assisting another customer when you responded. I can't send any replies to email or otherwise contact you off this site, per the terms of service of the site.

Have you been in contact with the timeshare company to see if you can do a voluntary transfer back to them in exchange for a discharge of liability? Is the timeshare still selling units on-site?

Did you wish to continue with this question? I see that you have not responded in some time...