Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I have sent in a request this morning. I have not received

Customer Question

I have sent in a request this morning . I have not received any call yet.
1. Did inform broker of lock not working . He said to get locksmith and I got lick replaced and now he will not pay for it.
2. The parking permits are not there yet and closing buyer is delaying the closing . In walk thru addendum do I mention that we hold sellers money to replace the permits and pool key etc. What if they don't sign then do we delay more.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the lock needed to be replaced and the broker agreed to pay for it, then you would have to sue the broker later in small claims court to recover the money. The important thing is that you have to get all the permits and keys together for the buyer, who is entitled to possession immediately upon signing. If everything is not ready to go the buyer can delay signing until it is ready to go and you need to come up with a date by which everything will be ready for the buyer to sign and take possession immediately.