Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

We bought a house in Buckeye Arizona in 2005 and just

Customer Question

We bought a house in Buckeye Arizona in 2005 and just learned today that it has a septic tank after multiple plumbers tried to "unclog the pipes" because of waste backup. It was not disclosed to us at the time of sale, sewage fees have been paid monthly to the city of Buckeye. Do we have a case since we were not informed of a septic tank? Our paperwork states "sewage- City of Buckeye"
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

You have great facts here to sue for breach of sales contract and failure to disclose.The problem here is Arizona has a statute of limitations of six years for such a civil claim.This has been too long here for you to sue.Please don't shoot the messenger I want to be honest with you even if it isn't good news.

Reference

Breach of Contract, Written (executed within Arizona)6 years Section 12-548 - See more at: http://www.mitchell-attorneys.com/legal-articles/statutes-of-limitation-in-arizona/#sthash.nFP9mD4Y.dpuf

You would have been able to bring such a suit against seller, realtor, and inspector for six years after the sale.Unfortunately after that the law of Arizona does not allow you to file here.Again I am sorry I wish I could tell you otherwise.I know that this was a real surprise to you.