Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I got 0.34 ac land and it s not perk and I can t build

Customer Question

I got 0.34 ac land and it s not perk and I can t build there. Hoa charge me $5oo.oo every year and got judjment against me for $4000.00. I offered HOA ppl to sign deed to them and they not want it take back this land from me. How I can get red of this land and this judgment, I do not have any money now.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you cannot live on the land and build on it and they have a judgment against you, but will not agree to take the lot in payment of the debt, then one option is to try to sell the land to the landowners who are next to the lot on either side or behind you. If the other landowners do not want the lot, then another option is to file bankruptcy to seek to extinguish the debt and get the bankruptcy court to force them to take the land as payment of the debt.
Really, other than paying the judgment, those are the only options if they refuse to take the land as payment for the debt.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if I will give to some body quit clam deed on this land? can I do that?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If they do not have a lien placed on the land already, you could transfer the land to someone else for proper value (you cannot just give it to them, as that can be called a sham or fraudulent transaction) by quit claim. You cannot just give it away or sell it way under actual value because the courts would consider that to be a fraudulent sale.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if lien is placed? and we sold this land for $ 250.00 by quit claim deed? and we never knew lien is there......
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what if we just will stop pay property taxes???
Thank you for your reply. Please understand the experts of this site are not employees of the site and as such get nothing for spending time with customers unless the customer leaves positive feedback, which has not been done in over 28 days. Thank you for understanding that.
The land has to be sold at reasonable market value or the court could reverse such a sale under the fraudulent transfer act.
If you stop paying property taxes they can auction the land off at a tax sale, but that would elminate the lien.