Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

How does a person have to move after a sheriff sale or do

Customer Question

Good morning how long does a person have to move after a sheriff sale or do you need to be out that day
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No because i cannot afford the house anymore
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Real Estate Lawyer can help you best. Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a sheriff sale set for March 16 but I had emergency surgery a couple of days I want to give the house up need more time to pack
JA: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No I'm giving it up no second lien or anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Just to be clear, the sale is in relation to a foreclosure?