Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My parents gave their house up on their own due to not able

Customer Question

my parents gave their house up on their own due to not able to afford the payments any longer. they both are on social security which as all of us know they are on a fixed income. the house was auctioned off today and my question is if the house still has a balanced owed are they still responsible for the rest? I wasn't sure if they would be due to them being on social security
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. In order to assist you I will need to know what State the property is in.

Hello again--I see where you read my request for more information, but not where you responded. In order for me to assist you I will need to know what State the property that you are referring to is in. Once you respond, I can answer your question.