Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Need help filing motion to set aside unlawful detainer in

Customer Question

need help filing motion to set aside unlawful detainer in sacramento. We lost case against bank for a house that the owner signed back to bank after honoring a lease. Owner gave us permission to sign her name since she lives in Colorado, but judge went along with other side & thinks lease is fraud because signatures are different. need to get previous owner to sign a declaration stating it was a good lease & I don't know what to say on form
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for using JA. Pursuant to the terms of service the attorneys are not permitted to represent customers or provide legal advice. We can provide general information and hopefully get you headed in the right direction. The issue in this situation is that there was a forged signature. Is the lender and the judge aware that the owner is not the person that signed the lease? I am concerned that fraud charges could result from an admission. Just to make sure we are on the same page are you asking the owner to state that they in fact signed the lease?

Are you still online with me?