Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I want to build a container house in NYC, what are the

Customer Question

I want to build a container house in NYC, what are the steps.I found a lot 10X100 for sale and I want to purchase a pre-built container house. Before purchasing the land, what do I need obtain from the government to ensure that I could legally install the container house?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to only get permits from building and zoning commission and you need to submit the specifications on the pre-fab container home with the materials and construction details to make sure it conforms to the local codes or that you will make it conform to the local building codes. These homes are no different than other pre-fab homes, you have to apply to the building commission, submit your building plans and specifications of what you are installing and get their approval and have a licensed contractor make all of the required hook ups for utilities in accordance with the codes.