Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

I have a judgement lien on my property. The judgement

Customer Question

I have a judgement lien on my property. The judgement creditor is my partnership company, the Orange County California court ordered to dissolve the company in 2008. Is the lien still valid?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is Andrea. I am one of the Attorneys here on JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer you question, but need a bit more information, if you do not mind,

Q. The judgment lien represented an asset of the partnership; What, if anything, did the Court Order with respect to the assets of the partnership upon dissolution? Thank you and I look forward to your reply, ANDREA

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My case is a little complicated, judgement debtor is me, lien file on my property, I own 50% of the LLC, LLC is judgement creditor. Court order to disolve the LLC, didn't spell out anything about the assets/judgement.

If the Court Order which dissolved the LLC said nothing about the assets or the judgment because it did not address those issues and merely ordered the LLC to dissolve, then those issues still remain outstanding and it can be argued either way. In other words, you could argue that since the LLC was dissolved and is no longer a viable entity, then it would not be able to enforce the judgment against you.

Please feel free to ask any questions for clarification.

If I have Answered your question, Please be kind enough to leave a positive rating for my assistance. This will not cost you anything additional because you have already placed a deposit with JustAnswer, but without a positive rating, JustAnswer will not give me credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback are appreciated

Kindest regards,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The judgement was hang over my head since 2006, my partner has filled renewal couple days ago. I really don't want this issue continue, need to take care. Beside, he name himself as judgement creditor on renewal. This is not right! Do you have an experience and good preference lawyer in the area may introduce to me?