Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

My neighbor is intentionally draining their pool water on my

Customer Question

My neighbor is intentionally draining their pool water on my property and I thinking of filing a civil case. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They have drained their pool water on my back yard and have flooded my back yard.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Has the drainage caused damage to your property? Is the water flow to your property "natural" or is it being redirected by the neighbor so that it flows onto your property?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is being redirected by the neighbor so that it flows onto my property
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. Redirecting the water from the pool to drain onto your property is a trespass and you can demand that they cease such incursion onto your property. If they refuse then you can sue for damages in the county court.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.