Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Short version- I put 90,000 down on home. Ex husband put

Customer Question

Short version- I put 90,000 down on home. Ex husband put mortgage in his name, lived at property six months. I need to know how much to buy out. He wants $30,000
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

I think your short version is too short. I will need many more facts in order to assist you in analyzing your situation. What do you mean by ex husband put mortgage in his name. Do you mean that he took title in his name and borrowed the balance of the purchase price? Is your name on deed too? If not, why not? How much is the home worth today? How much is still owed on the mortgage? We might have more luck with direct phone contact. I'll offer a premium service.

There may be a problem with your acceptance of the Premium Service offer. Please contact our customer service.

If you prefer, you may still provide the additional information by Reply here and we can move ahead with your question. However, the phone conference is a much better way to get all of the facts quickly.