Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
26296561

I bought a foreclosure house in Oct 2015. I knew the

Customer Question

I bought a foreclosure house in Oct 2015. I knew the previous owners and told them they could stay and take care of the house until I sold my house. I sold my house and gave them notice to be out in 30 days so I could get renovations completed. That was 45 days ago and the previous owners will not leave. I finally went to courthouse and showed ownership. The sheriff served them with eviction notice effective tomorrow at 2:30pm. I just received a notice that a temporary injunction has been placed and now we have to go to court in 1 month for a hearing. Foreclosure states I have "immediate possession" - I have to be out of my house in 10 days. How do I get these people out - NOW???
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, if the judge has granted a temporary injunction that stops eviction for 1 month and then a court hearing will be held, generally, the only legal option would be to hire an experienced local real estate attorney and this local attorney can file a Motion to Vacate Temporary Injunction and then appear at a court hearing on your behalf and argue before the judge as to why the Temporary Injunction should be vacated, based on the owner's detrimental reliance on being able to occupy the property and undue hardship that such Temporary Injunction creates for the owner of the house.

This is a complex legal situation, so it is important to consult and retain an experienced local real estate attorney as soon as possible.

You can find an experienced and skilled local real estate law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:

www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to real estate law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it possible for lawyer to get quick meeting with judge since we were supposed to have possession tomorrow?

Thank you for your follow up.

Once a Motion is filed with the court, the court will set it for a hearing, where both owner / attorney and tenant /attorney would have an opportunity to be present and argue their side of the case.

In some cases a court hearing can be set within just a few days, if the Motion is determined by the court to be an emergency and also it would depend on the court's docket / schedule and how busy the court / judge is, when it comes to the time a party has to wait before the hearing is set before the judge.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Thank you.