Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I painted my twin home with the approved colors. The painter

Customer Question

I painted my twin home with the approved colors. The painter decided that it would look good to paint the trim & the garage door the same color as the shutters. The HOA doesn't like that my garage door is no longer the same color as my attached twin home neighbor & it's too dark. What are my options to hopefully keep my painting of my home as done?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You are bound by the HOA bylaws, so whatever those rules provide is what you're bound by. Thus, if the paint job doesn't match the architectural requirements approved by the board, then you're at their mercy.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

However, you can ask the board for a variance or an exception to allow you to keep what has been done.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks.