Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

My Canadian corp owns a condo in Hawaii .can I sell it to my

Customer Question

my Canadian corp owns a condo in Hawaii .can I sell it to my daughter original cost or is there a better alternate.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sell the condo to anyone you like, but it is best to sell the corporation to your daughter instead of the condo, which would avoid any real estate transfer taxes and it would also allow her to retain the protection of the corporate veil, meaning she would continue to get protection of her personal assets for any suit against the condo unit.