LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

What can I do if my real estate company, from which I leased

Customer Question

What can I do if my real estate company, from which I leased my apartment from, has shared personal information, about to a potential employer. Just discovered they share offices in a building. My first interview was perfect, then seemed to flip over night. Please advise on what my rights are. Thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am a health care professional over 50 and have dealt with many companies in my life. Not new to how things work; especially in small communities and businesses.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening Misty,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If your real estate company shared personal financial information of yours with a potential employer and you did not give specific permission for them to do that, then the company has violated your right of privacy and you have a cause of action for Invasion of Privacy against the company as well as the person who actually shared the information.

You may sue for Invasion of Privacy and seek damages for any and all losses that you have suffered.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good evening,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug