WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

Ok...so apparently the worksheet that was used to tally the

Customer Question

Ok...so apparently the worksheet that was used to tally the votes for our Annual Meeting Board election were calculated wrong. I was one of the candidates. I was the person to find the error after the meeting was over. Do I have the right to share this information with my neighbors, or at least to share the information with those that voted for me? The board is going to meet to confirm and decide on a resolution.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 9 months ago.

Yes, it should be public information, and the election should be recounted or declared invalid.

Hope that helps. Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What makes it worse is that the candidate who was calculated incorrectly and won, was totaled by her daughter who does not even live here and i thought was a conflict of interest.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.

It is clearly a conflict of interest, and you have a valid demand to have the election declared invalid and a new election held again.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a law that i should reference or cite?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What law do i reference to justify a re-vote?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, apparently the property management is refusing to release copies of the Proxies that were submitted, because i suspect the signatures are forged. Is there a law that i can use to insist on releasing the proxies?

If it is true and correct, you have the right to share the info with your neighbors, under Texas law.

Now, I request that you please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.