LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

How does an open ground settlement permit affect the sale of

Customer Question

How does an open ground settlement permit affect the sale of a home in Pasco county Florida and does it expire or what is the statute of limitation?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening Stephen,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

A permit that has been issued for a property in FL to allow the repair of the settlement is a red flag for a prospective buyer and indicates that in the past there has been sinkhole activity on the property. It also suggests that the possibility exists for further settlement and naturally that tends to lower the value of the property and decreased the [pool of prospective buyers who are willing to take a chance any purchase the property.

There is no expiration of the fact that the earth settlement has occurred.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug