DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I had two mortgages. I could no longer afford the second

Customer Question

I had two mortgages. I could no longer afford the second house mortgage so I made a motorized letter saying that my relative will be taking over the payments. I am having issues with that relative paying on time. Is the deal I made with my relative illegal? And if so how can I fix it?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It sounds like you have a legal and binding contract with your relative but the issue is what you can do about it. All you can do is sue the relative for damages if the relative is not paying as agreed which means you then need to try and collect against the relative which means trying to get them to pay which is basically the problem you are having now. So I am not sure if you will be any further ahead.

Thank you for your question. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer so that it may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! -Rich