LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

My house is scheduled on march 15 I faxed documents 2 weeks

Customer Question

my house is scheduled for auction on march 15 I faxed documents for mod 2 weeks ago now they said we didn't receive them . my husbands name isn't on the loan ,when ive tried to have his income to help me get approved before they said I couldn't use his because hes not on the loan . oday I asked well why doesn't he get letters from you guys and now chase already has foreclosure on his credit report , the lady said I can use his paystubs .its a little too late now. we both lost our jobs but I could of had this help last year to save my house if they would have accepted his income . I asked her if I sent in my docs now if I still had time to save the house she basically said no and I need to hire an attorney. I need help. I need my home
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Katherine,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

At this late point in time, the only way that you can realistically save your home is to file for chapter 13 bankruptcy, stop the foreclosure and get approved to repay the late payment that you owe over the next 5 years.

Speak with a local bankruptcy attorney about filing chapter 13 bankruptcy as soon as possible to save your house. Once you have done that the bank will be willing to discuss a loan modification with you and you will have the time necessary to do all of the paperwork to get the modification.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug