Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

We have joint ownership of mobil home in california. Our

Customer Question

We have joint ownership of mobil home in california. Our partner wants his share and transfer his ownership to us. what document do we need to make transaction and place our total ownership>?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is there any land involved here that will transfer or just the mobile home?

.

Who has the title to the mobile home?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just title to Mobil home no land envolved/title is my wife and her aunt. Aunt is moving out and wants a fee$.

Ok, then if it is just the mobile home, then it has a legal title, just like a car or truck. There should be the title with all the owners listed on it and in order to transfer it, the one owner who was selling would sign over the title to the other owners, just like a car.

.

The remaining owner can then contact the local Housing and Community Development office to get all the necessary forms so that it can be re titled solely in your name.

.

From their website:

The Registration and Titling Program provides registration and title documents for new or resold manufactured homes, commercial modular(s), floating homes and truck campers. The program annually renews registrations for nearly 205,000 manufactured homes and commercial modular(s).

.

Four district offices throughout the state, as well as our headquarters office in Sacramento, provide assistance to dealers, escrow offices, manufacturers, local tax assessors and the general public in obtaining title and registration documents, registration renewals, tax clearances, and title transfers for manufactured homes, commercial modular(s), truck campers, and floating homes.

.

This is their contact information:

.

Registration and Titling(###) ###-####br />or toll free(###) ###-####br />*****@******.***

.

.

thanks