Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

We bought a house 7+ years ago. We red a lawyer to cover

Customer Question

Hello We bought a house 7+ years ago. We hired a lawyer to cover ourselves and to make sure everything was right in the transaction. Everything seem to be fine - no problems. We hired the same law firm ( the original lawyer has a new partner now) to handle the sale of our house and purchase of a new (smaller) house. The buyers lawyer found an easement that had to be dealt with which involved another survey, mayor signing some paper, etc. Our lawyer has raised his price an additional $1500 for the extra work. Work which should have been done 7 years ago buy the builders of the home (Ryan Homes), the Town of Minoa, and the survey company. Do we have any kind of a case to sue any or all the the parties collectively to cover the closing price of $2500 or at least the extra fee? If yes, who can we go after?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Did you get a general warranty deed when you purchased the property? Did you get a title policy? Was this easement listed as an exception on either the deed and/or the title policy? Thanks.