Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

QUESTION}I want to put a Transfer On Death on my home

Customer Question

QUESTION}I want to put a Transfer On Death on my home located in Cass County, Missouri. Is the form on this website meet all the legal requirements to be accepted by the recorder of deeds?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Judy. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Without knowing specifically what form you are looking at, I cannot tell you for sure. If you would be able to give me a link or attach the actual form to this thread, I will be happy to take a look. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The site is Free Real Estate Forms. com. The form is Beneficiary Deed form.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for responding. Without knowing I am looking at the actual deed you're askinga bout, I am not confident that I can provide a complete and accurate assessment. Therefore, I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA . Ray here a new expert.I appreciate your patience today.

Here is the correct deed form , you can get it for free.This would once signed and filed leave you with a life estate and the remainderman inherits it when you decease.These are also referred to as lady bird of enhanced life estate deeds.This allows you to have a life interest, pay taxes for your life, and it passes tot he other party called remainderman when you decease.You are the grantor here, you and the other party are grantees, you get a life estate, other grantee gets it when you pass.

https://www.nolo.com/products/missouri-transfer-on-death-beneficiary-deed-noe3-pr214.html

I appreciate your patience and the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says free but talks about purchasing the completed form, so what is the cost if I complete and print from the site?
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

How about free one here.

Missouri Beneficiary Deed

I (We) _________________________ (Owner) hereby convey to _________________________ (Grantee Beneficiary) effective on my (our) death the following described real property:

Property Address:
___________________________________________________________________________

Legal Description:

If the Grantee Beneficiary precedes the Owner in death, then the conveyance to that Grantee Beneficiary shall either (choose one):

[ ] Become null and void.

[ ] Become part of the estate of the Grantee Beneficiary

Dated: _______________

Name(s) of Grantor(s): __________________________________________________

Signature(s) of Grantor(s): __________________________________________________

STATE OF _________________________

COUNTY OF _________________________

On this day, personally appeared before me, _________________________, to me known to be the person(s) described in and who executed the within instrument, and acknowledged that he/she signed the same as his/her voluntary act and deed, for the uses and purposes therein mentioned.

Witness my hand and official seal hereto affixed on this day of _______________, 20__.

Notary's Public Signature: _________________________

My commission expires _______________.

you have to check whether in the event grantee dies before you , it becomes null and void or goes to the persons descendants.Thats your call here.Thanks.