ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed General Practice Attorney, Texas
19487448

I live in a house my son owns and I have a written and

Customer Question

I live in a house my son owns and I have a written and signed lease agreement with him. Because it is "his house" he comes and goes, stays overnight and brings guests as he pleases. It wouldn't bother me at all, if we would be on speaking terms, but his treatment towards me is very mean and demeaning and I have told him to stay away, but he will not adhere to my request. What can I do, so I can live in peace. I am a senior and I would like to live my life without stress!
Thank you for your help!
Kind regards,
Gabriele Woessner
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. There are a couple of things that you can do. If you want to move out and find another place to live, you can break the lease because he's already breached the "warranty of quiet enjoyment", which means as a landlord he has to leave you alone and only enter the leased premises upon reasonable notice and for reasonable reasons (repair, inspection, etc...)

Now I understand that you may wish to stay in these premises, and in that situation you can seek an "injunction" against him coming on the property and violating your privacy. This would need to be done through the courts. You can find the forms and instructions at the following link: http://courts.mi.gov/Administration/SCAO/Forms/Pages/Personal-Protection.aspx

Finally, if you so desire, you can get an attorney to file for the injunction. That being said, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with landlord / tenant cases. Go to www.lawyers.com or www.legalmatch.com to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!n

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Hello?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time (>35 minutes) and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

Was there anything else? Again, please note that this question remains open until you rate it 3 or more stars on your screen.

Again, if there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!