Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My lease has written (rental amount $745.00, $39.00 cable,

Customer Question

my lease has written (rental amount $745.00, $39.00 cable, $20.00 valet trash, $5.00 trash making rent $809.00 per month. the apartments I live in have a new management and have changed the name. My lease started In September and ends in September and they told me they wanted $10.00 a month more for them to take the trash from our front door or I can be evicted. is that right$
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be gad to assist.

No term of your lease can be changed unless it is by mutual agreement OR unless the lease says the landlord has the right to change this particular term (or any term) without your agreement. So, look ar your lease and see what it says.

The fact that new management took over doesn't affect your lease.....the new management company would be bound by the same rules.