WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

I have sent the lien payment three times and the attorney

Customer Question

I have sent the lien payment three times and the attorney has refused to accept it because I have refused to pay a fee that is over 100 times more than the 15% limit. My By Laws were established in 1997. This is the State of North Carolina. I have now learned that the Board of Directors never voted to foreclose and were never aware of actions taken by the Debt Collector in the name of the Board of Directors. Can the attorney continue with the foreclosure even though I have made them aware (and the Court) of the above.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 9 months ago.

I suggest that you pay through the court again, and request the court to set a hearing and ask the court to declare that the lien is paid in full and the title to the property should be cleared. Once you get that court order, the lien will be gone and under North Carolina law, the title to the propety will be cleared.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 8 months ago.