Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

Ray. My name is ***** *****. My issue is I helped my

Customer Question

Hi Ray. My name is ***** *****. My issue is I helped my divorcee due to her getting removed from her last place and was living out of her car. Now she will not leave my apartment. Is there anything I can do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. We separated in December of 2015 and I was living in a different place as was she. Then she was kicked out of her last place. I decided to help her out by staying at my apartment for a little while as she could get back on her feet. recently she is getting hostile and I asked her to leave and called the police but they said they couldn't do anything as we are still married.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA Ray here to help you today.

Is she on the lease here?

If not the landlord could evict her for not being on the lease.Thats really your option. You can have the landlord evict her by sending notice to quit and then serving her with forcible entry and detainer.If she is not legally on the lease the landlord can evict her if she was not approved here.

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.