How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 38316
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ray. My name is ***** *****. My issue is I helped my

Customer Question

Hi Ray. My name is ***** *****. My issue is I helped my divorcee due to her getting removed from her last place and was living out of her car. Now she will not leave my apartment. Is there anything I can do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. We separated in December of 2015 and I was living in a different place as was she. Then she was kicked out of her last place. I decided to help her out by staying at my apartment for a little while as she could get back on her feet. recently she is getting hostile and I asked her to leave and called the police but they said they couldn't do anything as we are still married.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA Ray here to help you today.

Is she on the lease here?

If not the landlord could evict her for not being on the lease.Thats really your option. You can have the landlord evict her by sending notice to quit and then serving her with forcible entry and detainer.If she is not legally on the lease the landlord can evict her if she was not approved here.

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.I appreciate the chance to help you and wish you the best.