Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Can grantee reject quit claim deed

Customer Question

can grantee reject quit claim deed
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

can grantee reject quit claim deed

.

Yes, as part of any transfer of real property, there is the actual paper document in the form of a deed, but there also must be "acceptance" by the grantee of the deed actually agreeing to take the property. This is normally done by the grantor physically delivering the deed to the grantee and them accepting it.

.

Otherwise, everyone with a toxic waste dump could just quitclaim deed it to someone else unknowingly and the other person would be stuck with it.

.

So there has to be actual acceptance for a transfer to be valid.

.

.

thanks