Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  real estate law
10707909

Can they send their son and daughter in law to check and see

Customer Question

can they send their son and daughter in law to check and see what we are doing? is that legal? his son comes at night to the yard to see if we have a car or dogs back there. It feels like invasion of privacy but I don't know if thats allowed.
and can they put a lock on the gate that allowed us to drive in and out of the yard? (not the driveway)
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 9 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If you are renting property, such as a yard, the LL can come by and check on the property. However, you cannot be harassed. And if you are paying rent and they put a lock on a gate or a door, then in essence they are breaching the agreement for the rental. That would be a wrongful eviction.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.