Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I was turned down equity line of credit because there is a

Customer Question

I was turned down for an equity line of credit because there is a lien against my property. The loan was paid in full in Jan 2011. After contacting the bank I was told that there was some fee filing fee that had not been paid ($164?). Because the account was closed and they could not accept addition monies, something was done internally to satisfy that balance. This was in July 2015. I have been trying since then to get a document stating that the lien has been satisfied
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

Is this lien on the title? That is, there is a lien on the title you want to remove?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long will it take to speak with someone
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

It looks like payment failed for the call...but you can fix this by calling customer service at

1.***-***-****

They answer the phone

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

I am a different attorney and I can assist you if you would like to continue in this forum and not by telephone.

There is a way to get a lien a removed are you still interested in working on this question